As a tradition during the Christmas season, I compile a "mixtape" of some songs I've been enjoying as a gift for family and friends. This year, I've decided to make it available for download, which means that more people (you) can hear it. :)
I tend toward the more obscure side of vintage music --- many of the songs featured here are not available on CD or iTunes. Really though, about 50% of it is from vinyl records and the other 50% from CD rips, 70 minutes total. Most of it was originally recorded in the '50s and '60s, with maybe a song or two falling outside of those decades.
Grab it here, and see directly below for the track list.
- Sid Bass - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- Sun Ra - I Could Have Danced All Night
- Bob Thompson - The Best Thing For You
- David Carroll - Let's Dance
- Luis E. Bacalov - Nago
- Harry Simeone Chorale - It's Alaska
- Sid Bass - Powerhouse
- Meta Roos & Nippe Sylvens Band - Here We Are Falling In Love
- Les Baxter - Via Veneto
- Marty Gold - Limehouse Blues
- Buddy Morrow - The Bells
- The Three Suns - Danny's Inferno
- Katie Lee - Will To Fail
- Horst Jankowski - A Walk In The Black Forest
- Sylvia Telles - Baubles Bangles & Beads
- Frank Comstock Orchestra - Theme From "Mickey Mouse Club"
- David Raskin - Danzon
- The MGM Studio Orchestra - Why Am I So Gone (About That Gal)?
- France Gall - 24/36
- Various Artists - Latin Heat
- Lem Arcon & His Band - Comic Strip
- Keith Textor - It Might As Well Be Spring
- Irving Fields - My Little Grass Shack In Kealakekua, Hawaii
- Ted Malone / Lee Sullivan / Joe Leahy Orchestra - Wondering
Merry Christmas to all! Have a good one! :)